It’s almost Black Friday/ Cyber Monday weekend!
That means we’re about to offer the best deals of the year!
- Our Royal Jelly, Green Tea, and Vitamin B3 Face Cream is our top seller, and you’ll save $6 on each one Friday-Monday. With organic oils, botanicals and extracts like royal jelly, green tea, allantoin, and hyaluronic acid, but vitamin B3, this cream will reveal a younger, brighter complexion. It has a luxurious skin feel and a bright, clean scent from 100% pure essential oils. This makes a lovely gift for anyone on your list (don’t tell, but guys love it too!) or a little som’ som’ for yourself.
- All of our lip balm tubes are Buy One Get One Free! This includes our Lip Therapy No. 1, Angry Bees Peppermint Lip Balm, Lip Chromatics with Elderberry and Alkanet Root, and Pink Lemonade Lip Tint. Lip Therapy No 1 is perfect for chapped lips! It’s a super simple balm with only 4 nourishing ingredients. Our Angry Bees Peppermint Lip Balm is a firm, peppermint balm for all the peppermint lovers in your life. Lip Chromatics is a berry tinted lip balm that compliments all skin tones and make teeth look brighter. It’s unscented. Pink Lemonade Lip Tint is a sweet, lemony lip balm with a delicate pink tint that nourishes lips. Each of these lip balms are BOGO. (ALL FREE GIFTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO THE CART.) We’re also offering a B3GO on all of our honey and propolis soaps. For every 3 bars that you purchase, we’ll gift you with a free Winter Winds bar soap. Winter Winds is a special blend that Josh made up with hints of ozone, pine, and apple. It really smells cool and fresh and is perfect for both men and women. (ALL FREE GIFTS AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO CART.)
- Save $7 on a Basic Starter Kit + Free Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss ($14 value) + Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). That means you save $25!! Our Basic Starter Kit is the perfect way to get started with Bee Lovely Botanicals products. It includes a full size Royal Jelly Moisturizer, a half size beeswax hand cream (with probiotics) a Pink Lemonade Lip Balm, and a Lavender & Honey Bar Soap.
- Save $20 on a Deluxe Starter Kit + Free Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss ($14 Value) + Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). That means you’ll save $38!! Our Deluxe Starter Kit builds on the Basic Starter Kit. It includes a Royal Jelly face cream, a full size Beeswax Hand Cream, a Lavender & Honey Soap, Complexion Bar Soap, a third soap matching your hand cream scent, a Coconut & Honey Brown Sugar Body Polish, and an Activated Charcoal + Propolis Face Scrub, and a beeswax lip balm. (ALL FREE GIFTS ARE ADDED TO THE CART.)
- Save $50 on a Premium Starter Kit + Free Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss AND a Free Fat Honey Lip Plumper ($34 value total)+ Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). That means you save $88 total!!! This kit includes everything in the Deluxe Kit plus a Nail and Cuticle Balm, an additional bar of honey soap, a Citrus Grove Skin Smoothing Oil, a Peppermint & Propolis Foot Scrub, and a lip balm sampler set and a Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss (1 of each of our 6 lip balms). (ALL FREE GIFTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO THE CART.
- Save $20 on a Complexion Care Kit + a free Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss and a free Fat Honey Lip Plumper ($34 value)+ Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). That means you’ll save a total of $58 on our Complexion Care Kit. This kit includes our best selling complexion products, including our Royal Jelly moisturizer, our Bright Eyes Eye Cream, our Complexion bar soap, a Mint & Honey lip balm, and an Activated Charcoal and Propolis Face Scrub.
- Save $41 on a Honeybee Spa Box + Free Sparkle + Shine Lip Gloss ($14 Value)+ Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). You’ll save a total of $59! Our Honey Bee Spa Box contains a Royal Jelly Moisturizer, a Coconut & Honey Brown Sugar Body Polish, a Citrus Grove Skin Smoothing Oil, a Lavender & Honey bar soap, and 2 aromatherapy honey bath bombs.
- Save $4 on all Beehive Gift Boxes+ Free Gift Wrapping ($4 value). Our Beehive Gift Boxes include a half size beeswax hand cream, a bar of honey soap, and a lip balm.
- Save $4 on all Beeswax Hand Creams. Our beeswax hand cream blends the power of organic oils, beeswax, and probiotics to deeply nourish and protect skin. Our Bee Rugged Beeswax Salve also contains allantoin, the active ingredient in aloe and comfrey, which has been shown to speed healing and decrease itching, a necessity if you suffer from dry cracked skin in the winter.
All free gifts will automatically be added to your cart. For example, if you buy a Premium Starter Kit, don’t add the lip gloss and plumper to the cart unless you want 2. You’ll be notified of your free gifts at checkout.
This year especially, we’re grateful for our wonderful customers like you, and we’d love it if you would share our promotions!
This post was originally written in 2019, and was updated July 2020.
Everyone lets loose a little in the summer. Long weekends, picnics, days at the beach, vacations, fun drinks and bbqs under the summer sun are good for the soul, but maybe not as much for the complexion. Here are some quick and easy tips to keep your complexion glowing while you’re livin’ easy.
Summer Beauty Guide: 10 Tips for beautiful skin all summer long.
You’ll be spending more time in the beauty of the outdoors, exposing your skin to sun, wind, water, possibly chlorine, and maybe a more rigorous shaving routine than you applied this winter. All this can leave you with an irritated complexion. With just a little time and planning, you can avoid the pitfalls of sun, razor, and wind burn.
1. Stay Hydrated
With warmer weather (eventually) upon us, you need to stay on top of proper hydration. You can become dehydrated from even simple tasks while working and playing in the hot summer sun. Proper hydration keeps your skin and body functioning at optimum levels, so load up on water based drinks and watery fruits and veggies such as melons and cucumbers to stay hydrated.
2. Wear SPF?
It’s important to remember to apply sunscreen. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen that has at least an SPF of 30. Apply a generous layer (about a shot glass for your entire body) to all exposed skin about 15 minutes before going out into the sun. Remember to reapply after sweating or swimming, or about every 2 hours. Always look for a sunscreen that has the active ingredients listed, and please don’t make your own. (Zinc is a charged particle, and it’s difficult to make a formulation that doesn’t end up having microscopic holes in the coverage because the zinc microscopically clumped together over time.)
Newer studies are showing that being in the sunlight without sunscreen may increase your risk of skin cancer, but won’t decrease your life expectancy. In fact, being in the sun has been shown to actually increase your life expectancy (as well as your risk of non-lethal skin cancers). Sporadic and extreme sun exposure has been shown to increase your risk of lethal skin cancers, while consistent exposure increases nitric oxide in the blood, which decreases blood pressure. See the study by Lindqvist and this blog post discussing Dr. Weller’s work for more information.
This obviously doesn’t address the dreaded sun spots and premature wrinkling from being in the sun, but it’s really given me food for thought and some good information about sunscreen!
3. Boost Your Topical Anti-oxidants
Free radicals are not your friends, and unfortunately, sunlight, chlorine, alcohol, some of the best parts of summer are full of them. The best defense is to avoid them, but that’s not always possible. Using a cream that contains green tea extract, niacinamide, vitamins C and E, or CoEnzyme Q10 will help minimize the damage to your skin from free radicals.
(Keep an eye out for our newest product, Repair and Restore After Sun Cooling Gel)
Our Repair and Restore After Sun Gel is full of antioxidants and vitamins to protect skin from the after effects of too much sun. It also contains cooling essential oils and aspen bark extract to help with the heat.
4. Protect Your Eyes from Sun Damage
The skin around your eyes is delicate and all the sunlight and swimming can be especially harsh on it. Wear a hat and/or sunglasses with UV protection and wear goggles while swimming. A soothing anti-oxidant rich cream, like our Bright Eyes Vitamins + Minerals Eye Cream can soothe delicate skin and provide a bevy of topical vitamins and minerals.
The best way to recharge your skin and keep it looking bright and beautiful is to exfoliate your skin once a week. Apply a natural body scrub once a week to slough off dead skin cells and reveal younger, glowing skin.
Sweating, swimming, salt, chlorine, sunshine and air conditioning all take a toll on skin. The need for moisturizing might not be as obvious during the warm summer months, but you still need to moisturize. Using a gentle all natural body butter can keep skin plump and rejuvenated.
7. Eat your SPF
Eating a healthy diet full of anti-oxidants, healthy saturated fats, omega 3 fatty acids, and leafy greens can boost your body’s ability to handle the free radicals from UV light. Drinking iced green tea can help keep you hydrated, as well as provide your body with a powerful poly-phenol called EGCG. You could also try supplements like astaxanthin, vitamin D3, and resveratrol to boost your anti-oxidant protection. You should avoid sugary and processed foods, as well as too much alcohol, as these promote inflammation and hinder the body’s ability to handle free radicals.
8. Get a Faux Glow
We all know that too much sun isn’t good for us, but who doesn’t love a healthy, sun-kissed complexion. You can opt for a sunless tanner to get your glow on. Sunless tanners do still cause some oxidation on the outer layers of skin, so it’s not ideal for every day, but it’s a safe way to glow for special occasions. Make sure to shave and exfoliate before applying sunless tanner, and take your time making sure there are no streaks.
9. Keep Bug Bites at Bay
It’s only a matter of time before a biting insect finds you too delectable to pass up. Itchy bug bites can lead to infection and scarring. Ward them off with a natural insect repellent like our Happy Camper Lotion. You’ll keep mosquitoes away while moisturizing skin with organic oils and probiotics. You can also lather up with a gentle soap scented with insect repellent essential oils, such as our Happy Camper Bar. (Keep the bar in your dresser drawer until you’re ready to use it to impart the scent of essential oils onto your clothes.)
10. Wear Breathable Fabrics
Loose, billowy clothes made out of natural fabrics, such as cotton or linen, allow air flow on your skin and help wick moisture away. This protects skin from staying damp and chapping and chafing.
Don’t neglect your skin the summer!
Summer is full of fun and busyness, and it’s easy to neglect your skincare routine, but the effects of dehydration and too much sun can last long after summer is gone. It’s important to take time to take care of yourself. You only get one body, and it’s got to last your entire life!
Father’s Day 2020 Gift Guide
Looking for the perfect gift for Father’s Day this year? Look no further!
Show Dad you think he’s awesome!
This cold process shave soap contains almost 3 bars worth of our famous shave soap, and comes with a boar’s bristle brush. It’s scented with a clean scent that’s reminiscent of Cool Water for men.
Our shave soap has a high percentage of castor oil, so it gives a luxurious shaving cream like lather, and bentonite clay give slip to the razor. (Bentonite is also great for detoxing the pores of your skin!)
This honey bar soap, beeswax hand salve, and solid cologne gift box is the perfect gift for the man in your life! It contains a full size 4+ oz bar of our cold pressed Honey Bar Soap, a 1.5 ounce tin of Men’s Beeswax Hand Salve, and a tin of Solid Cologne. You can mix and match scents to fit your man’s personality. The Honey Bar Soaps come in the natural scents of Woodsman, Mechanics, Buffalo Man, and Hair and Body. Our Men’s Hand Salves and Solid Cologne come in Woodsman, Bourbon, Mechanics, and Buffalo Man scents.
Our thick beeswax hand cream seals and protects cracked, dry skin by combining beeswax with organic plant oils and water. It also contains allantoin, the active ingredient in aloe and comfrey root to soothe skin. Available in assorted scents and unscented.
Our infused honey gift set makes a sweet gift for the awesome grill master or foodie in your life. It also makes an excellent addition to your next BBQ party. If the drinks at your next party tend to be on the harder side, buy a set for your bar and let guests sample the various flavor nuances in their drinks. Muddle a little fruit and a basil leaf in the bottom of your glass, sweeten with honey and top it off with lemonade, seltzer water, or your favorite cocktail. Each set includes 4 9 oz jars of infused honey in orange zest, lemon ginger, lavender bud, and vanilla bean.
Give Dad a useful, yet luxurious gift with cold process honey or propolis soaps. Each bar is specifically formulated to be gentle yet effective. Our Bee Rugged Men’s Soaps include hunter’s soaps, mechanic’s bar, Buffalo Man Shave Bar, and Hair and Body Bar. Shop our entire collection of men’s soap here.
The Best Skin Care Ingredients for Cold Weather
With cold weather finally upon us, many of us are beginning to feel the dreaded drying effect of winter. The following article describes the best and most effective ingredients to protect skin from trans-epidermal water loss in cold weather.
It might seem counter-intuitive to some people, but having water as an ingredient in your skincare is a definite boost. It activates the Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) in your skin. NMF include sodium lactate, sodium PCA, and amino acids molecules. These compounds are meant to hold water and keep skin moisturized. When the air around us is very dry, or we become dehydrated, these NMF dry out and can’t do their job. Using a cream or lotion (make sure it’s a true cream and not a balm) will plump those little guys up. Then those skin loving oils have a little more to work with. Another way to keep your skin hydrated is to make sure you’re drinking enough water. Running a humidifier helps, too.
You had to see this one coming. The reason beeswax is such a great ingredient in cold weather skincare is because it is so hydrophobic, meaning it does not like water. It seals skin to keep the water in. That keeps skin hydrated, and looking plump and full.
Another benefit of the anhydrous nature of beeswax is that it isn’t easily rinsed away. If you’re in a profession that requires frequent hand washings, look for a good beeswax cream to stick around after the first rinse.
True beeswax emulsions contain significantly less water than traditional creams and lotions. That means that while they have enough water to activate the Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) in your skin, they’re still thick and rich and protect skin.
Lanolin is pressed from sheep’s wool after it’s shorn. Lanolin is the only oil I know of that can actually absorb 30% of it’s weight in water. It’s molecular structure is remarkably similar to human sebum.
These properties make it an excellent barrier cream, that actually stores moisture for the skin once it’s finally absorbed. It’s important to make sure to use USP (US Pharmacy) grade lanolin to ensure that it is pure lanolin. Our hand creams and our Mint and Honey Lip Balm Tin harness the power of beeswax + USP lanolin.
Allantoin is the active ingredient in aloe and comfrey root. Studies have actually proven that allantoin speeds wound healing. (Araujo et al) Studies have also shown that allantoin helps with itching.(Veraldi, et al) That’s good news if your skin get so dry that it becomes cracked and itchy.
Bee Lovely Botanicals™ beeswax skincare was formulated to protect and nourish dry skin. To read more about our women’s hand creams, with organic oils, beeswax, lanolin, and probiotics, click here. For our even tougher Bee Rugged line that contains beeswax, lanolin, allantoin, organic oils and probiotics click here.
Share on Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Allantoin: The Active Ingredient in Aloe and Comfrey
Allantoin is a wonderful addition to any cream or lotion. It’s a water soluble ingredient, so you won’t find this skin loving active in anything that is solely oil based. (Most skin actives are water soluble, except for a few fat soluble vitamins or caffeine, or a few others.) It has a very low potential for irritation and can be made from aloe, comfrey, chamomile, or processed synthetically.
I think pretty much everyone has heard of putting aloe vera on a burn or sunburn. Studies show evidence that aloe is effective in healing minor to moderate burns faster than no treatment. Aloe is antibacterial and helps promote circulation. You know what a big portion of aloe’s properties is attributed to? That’s right, it’s allantoin.
Comfrey is another medicinal plant that is touted to help bruises and wounds heal, as well as speed recovery time for sprains and strains. Guess what comfrey has in common with aloe. Yup, you guessed it, allantoin.
Benefits of Allantoin
Keratolytic – This is a gentle exfoliation of the stratum corneum, the outer most layer of skin, that smooths skin.
Moisturizing – allantoin helps to increase water that is bound to proteins in skin, making skin look younger and healthier.
Soothing, anti-irritantant, and skin protectant effect – due to the ability of allantoin to form complexes and neutralize many sensitizing agents.
Studies also show that allantoin helps promote regeneration of damaged skin cells and accelerates wound healing.
So next time your browsing your ingredient label, check to see if allantoin is included in your potion.